Monday, March 30, 2015

Sexuality in the Context of Chronic Illness

This week presentation hits home for me. The information was really helpful and the wiki page was incredible organized. I love it. I especially like the PLISSIT acronym. I used it in session this week. It's been really helpful working with children who have developmental delay and at the age where they are interested in exploring their sexuality. What are difficult balance to education them to be safe and allowing them to make their own decision. 

In addition to the presentation and wikipage, I also found the list on p. 438-439 in Binik and Hall incredibly insightful. Before the presentation as I was reading through the book, I was confused about the disruption in one's sexual development. It helps me better understand that chronic illness can interrupt normal stage of sexuality. I also thought that mental illness can be part of that chronic illness as well. 

Overall, love the wikipage. Good job!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment