Monday, April 13, 2015

Video on LGBTQ sex therapy and Sexuality & Aging

I LOVE the CBT video on LGBTQ. I found it incredibly helpful to provide techniques in working with this population. The technique I found most helpful is the coming out scale. What a concrete way to discuss the progress so far and the progress needed in the future. It combines both CBT, solution focused, and strategic therapy.
In addition to the video, the reading this week was also interesting. I am especially intrigued by the part about consent to sexual activity for elderly with dementia and AL. I knew it would be difficult especially if the patient's preferred partner is not their own spouse. However, I did not think about the legal implication in this situation. I thought it would be helpful to learn how to discuss this topic with our clients and families.

No comments:

Post a Comment